Memories of 2013
Posted on December 29, 2013 by The Quest
Our intention for The Quest has always been to provide a platform that enables Gay Men to transform their lives; so that they can embrace Life from a place of authentic self-expression, compassion and fulfillment – this in turn helps facilitate a healthy and nurturing gay community.
2013 has been a beautiful year for The Quest and we have journeyed with many amazing gay men. Some of the highlights from 2013 included:
- Our storytelling performance ‘Beneath the surface‘ at The Royal School of Speech and Drama
- Graduated from the School of Social Entrepreneurs program
- Met Researcher and TED sensation, Brené Brown, for an interview on ‘Shame, Pride and the journey of Gay Men‘
- Marched in London Pride, alongside many ‘Quest Graduates’
- Launched ‘The Quest Bitesize‘, an exclusive evening of connection and insight for ‘Quest Graduates’
- Ran our first Summer Retreat (sold-out)
- Registered The Quest as a Social Entreprise
- Launched our “Are you GAY man enough” campaign
- Two storytelling performances in October ‘The Haunting‘ and ‘The Father+Mother Project‘
- Shortlisted for two awards – Homo Heroes (Business of the Year) and Respect ‘Loved by You’ (LGBT Social/Networking Group of the Year)
- Continued our very popular monthly ‘First Tuesday Socials‘
- Collaborated with Bisi Alimi Consultancy to present ‘The Rainbow Intersection – a dialogue about Race, Culture and Sexuality (which won The Respect ‘Loved by You’ award for ‘Most Inclusive Event’)
- Delivered our 14th signature Weekend Workshop (sold-out) and a series of thematic One-Day Workshops.
And so to all those who have traveled with us, we say ‘Thank You and We Love You’ and to those who are yet to travel with us, we say ‘We look forward to connecting with you in 2014 and beyond’.