- This event has passed.
Weekend Exploration Workshop
February 8, 2013 - February 10, 2013
“If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got
Take control of ‘what happens next’ by breaking through the monotonous cycle that have left you apprehensive of meaningful relationship, disheartened by the scene, or simply feeling suffocated by the perception of a ‘community’ that you aren’t sure even exists.
Ade Adeniji & Darren Brady bring their wealth of experience, and knowledge to help you better understand the complexities, joys, challenges, frustrations, thoughts and emotions involved with being a gay man in today’s world.
The Weekend Exploration Workshops have been specifically created for today’s gay man, with key learnings inspired by ’The Velvet Rage – overcoming the pain of growing up gay in a straight man’s world‘, by Alan Downs.
In attending this interactive and engaging workshop, participants will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of how their upbringing has impacted their emotional development
- Develop an increased awareness of their limiting beliefs, behavior and habits
- Be engaged in a healing process
- Identify ways to improve their sense of self and their relationships
- Gain clarity on next steps for themselves, their relationships, and the world they live in
- Experience the support and intimacy of a group of gay me
- Create a positive and supportive new network
- Gain a greater sense of living as a gay man in todays world