- This event has passed.
The Gifts of Imperfection Programme – Brussels (March – May 2022)
March 26 @ 10:30 am - May 21 @ 4:00 pm CET
The Gifts of Imperfection programme, based on the bestselling book by Dr Brené Brown, is about learning to be wholehearted – which is to engage with the world from a place of worthiness. Our authentic journey is about moving from “What will people think?” to “I am imperfect and I am enough.”
This programme is led by Ade Adeniji and Darren Brady, Certified Daring Way™ and Dare to Lead™ Facilitators. The programme is an opportunity to cultivate skills and practice the habits required to embody our authenticity day-by-day. The programme spans 8 weeks and comprises of an in-person session, at the beginning, followed by 5 online sessions. The periods in between sessions is an opportunity to integrate and practice insights and tools from the course.
The Gifts of Imperfection programme comprises the following sections:
Setting the Scene: Courage, Compassion, and Connection: Tools for the Wholehearted Journey
- Learning intention: ‘I will practice courage by showing up in a way that increases my ability to show compassion toward myself and others, including challenging myself to connect with experiences that may differ from my own.’
Guidepost #1 – Cultivating Authenticity: Letting Go of What People Think
- Learning intention: ‘I will practice courage by allowing myself to be vulnerable and imperfect’, and by setting boundaries’.
Guidepost #2 – Cultivating Self-Compassion: Letting Go of Perfectionism
- Learning intention: ‘I will talk to myself the same way I talk to the people I love and care for.’
Guidepost #3 – Cultivating a Resilient Spirit: Letting Go of Numbing and Powerlessness
- Learning intention: ‘I’m going to lean into the discomfort and the joy.’
Guidepost #4 – Cultivating Gratitude and Joy: Letting Go of Scarcity and Fear of the Dark
- Learning intention: ‘I will practice gratitude to find joy in ordinary moments.’
Guidepost #5 – Cultivating Intuition and Trusting Faith: Letting Go of the Need for Certainty
- Lesson learning intention: ‘I’ll practice creating quiet and reconnecting with my intuition’
Guidepost #6 – Cultivating Creativity: Letting Go of Comparison
- Learning intention: ‘I am a creative being’.
Guidepost #7 – Cultivating Play and Rest: Letting Go of Exhaustion as a Status Symbol and Productivity as Self Worth
- Learning intention: ‘I will honour the basic need for play and rest.’
Guidepost #8 – Cultivating Calm and Stillness: Letting Go of Anxiety as a Lifestyle
- Learning intention: ‘I will practice calm.’
Guidepost #9 – Cultivating Meaningful Work: Letting Go of Self-Doubt and “Supposed To”
- Learning intention: ‘I will own my strengths or ‘superpowers’ and get clear on my challenges or ‘kryptonite’.’
Guidepost #10 – Cultivating Laughter, Song, and Dance: Letting Go of Being Cool and “Always in Control”
- Learning intention: ‘I will choose awkward, brave and kind over cool and in control.’
The Wholehearted Revolution
- Learning intention: ‘My story matters because I matter.’
The programme will be a combination of one in-person and five online (using the Zoom platform) sessions.
Saturday 26 March: 1030 – 1700 CET & Sunday 27 March: 1030-1300 CET (In Person)
Tuesday 5th April: 1900 – 2100 CET (Online)
Tuesday 19th April: 1900 – 2100 CET (Online)
Tuesday 3rd May: 1900 – 2100 CET (Online)
Tuesday 17th May: 1900 – 2100 CET (Online)
Saturday 21 May: 1100 – 1300 & 1400 – 1600 CET (Online)